Thursday, February 5, 2009

Crazy Day Bubububreak down, Break down

1. 82 degrees in February seems noteworthy to me!

2. My long lost cousin/sisterish person (i was raised with my uncles kids so they all seem more siblingish than cousiny) found us. We, and by "we" I mean practically the whole extended family, have been looking for her for over 20 years! This feels surreal--and exciting--and confusing. There are so many emotions and I know that my uncle and my cousin beth are feeling even more than I am. I am so excited to know her, but I don't want to overwhelm her so I'm staying on the sidelines till everyone else has had a chance. I'm so curious about her. I want to know her story. I want so badly for her to have had a good life. Lots of what ifs come with this event.

3. I studied my Anatomy and Physiology, and Chemistry pants off. ...wait that's not crazy. that's totally normal.



4. The Tailenders got an amazing review in The Stranger:

The Tailenders, Red Sea Sharks, the Pleasure Kills, the Bug Nasties

(Comet) Jesus Christ, don't you ever get tired of banging your head against guitar rock every weekend? Here, listen to the Tailenders. I know—that voice, right? It's deep and intelligent, and he sounds kind of like Robert Smith or early Scott Walker. It's a relief to hear a frontman who doesn't sound screechy. And those keyboards are really beautiful, too, aren't they? It's tuneful and just the right amount of mannered. It's like you've been wearing a punk-rock sweat suit for weeks, and you're finally putting on some fancy clothes and going out on the town. PAUL CONSTANT


Way to go Shua!


2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the update!

1. The first clue that Ian didn't write this post!

2. Wow, I'm so glad she found you! And I hope you guys can eventually build a relationship again!

3. You go, girl!

4. Three cheers for the Schua! (The rest of the band too!) :D

Precious said...

I think it's time for an update here.... Just sayin'...